Forget Diapering A Doll, Spice Up Your Baby Shower With These Fun Games
5 Awesome Baby Shower Games - Tired of the same old baby shower games? Forget diapering a doll or guessing how big around the mother-to-be is. It’s time for some new traditions. Spice up your baby shower with these fun games.
- Guess the Baby. Grab a dozen celebrity baby photos off the Internet and hang them on a bulletin board. Number them and give each guest a piece of paper with the same numbers running down the side. Tell the guests to write the names of the celebrities they think are on the board. You can make things a little easier by providing a list of celebrity names to be matched with the photos.
Alternatively, you could have guests bring their baby photos and have everyone guess who is who. The person with the most correct names on their list is the winner.
- Create a story. Write a simple fairy tale about the mother and her little one. Add blanks wherever there would be adjectives, verbs or adverbs. Have people call out words to fill in the blank. Read the completed story aloud to the group for a good laugh. If you have a lot of guests, try dividing them into two or three groups to finish the stories and read them all aloud.
- Baby taboo. As each guest arrives, give them a string to put around their neck. Place a baby themed charm on each string. This could be anything from a baby bottle or stork to a bassinette or pacifier. Inform the guests that they are not allowed to say the word “baby” for the duration of the shower. If someone says the taboo word and is overheard, the listener takes their charm and adds it to their string. The person with the most charms at the end of the party wins.
- Time the birth. The night before the party, get some baby charms. Put one in each section of an ice cube tray and fill with water. Freeze the baby ice cubes overnight.
At the shower, each guest is given a glass of water and a baby ice cube. Have each person write down how long they think it will take for their baby to be born. As each ice cube melts, call out the time and mark it. Compare each person’s guess with their actual time. The person with the closest guess wins.
- Match the socks. Dump 10-20 pairs of different baby socks into a basket. Each guest will have 1 minute to match as many as they can. The socks are an excellent gift for the pregnant mother when the game is over.
These fun baby shower games will have everyone enjoying themselves. You don’t have to resort to tacky blindfolded feeding, or toilet paper wraps to have a good time at a baby shower.
Congratulate the new parents in style with a baby gift basket delivery.
Popular choices include the Mom, Dad, and New Baby Basket, which offers must-haves for the new baby plus a host of delicious treats for mommy and daddy to enjoy. Another best seller is our Special Delivery Baby Basket beautifully presented in a sizeable bassinet-shaped baby basket adorned with silk flowers and ribbon then filled with an assortment of adorable new baby gifts.
Don't forget the New Mom
Choose from adorable baby gifts for the new arrival to pampering gifts for the new mom. While both parents obviously deserve congratulations, we think Mom deserves some special relaxation all of her own. New mother gift baskets allow you to treat the lady of the moment to a bit of indulgence, after those long months of pregnancy.
Adorable Gift Baskets offers a huge number of pampering gift baskets, bulging with relaxing treatments and sweet surprises. New moms will love the chance to grab a little me time and turn their bathroom into a haven of peace and tranquility. Baskets are also available which cater for Mom and Baby so combining luxurious spa products for Mom and commemorative items for your baby.
Click here to buy sweet baby gift baskets online